STCW course provides training for officers and ratings. It comprises a basic training program appropriate to their duties, including oil and chemical tanker safety, fire safety measures and systems, pollution prevention, operational practice and obligations under applicable laws and regulations. The course takes full account of section A-V/1-1 of the STCW Code adopted by the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers 1978, as amended, including the Manila amendments 2010.
Course is based on the guidelines of IMO Model Course 1.01.
Provided they hold an appropriate certificate and are otherwise qualified in accordance with regulation section A-VI/1 of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers 1978, as amended, those successfully completing the course may be eligible to serve on board Oil and Chemical tankers.
- Basic knowledge of tankers
- Physical and chemical properties of oil and chemicals
- Knowledge and understanding of tanker safety culture and safety management
- Fire Safety and Firefighting operations
- Cargo operations
- Emergencies For Oil and Chemical Tankers
- Pollution Prevention for Oil and Chemical Tankers
- Case Studies on oil and NLS ship Emergencies