Seafarers who hold an existing personal survival techniques (PST) certificate are required to complete this updating training course to maintain expertise under the STCW 2010 Manila Amendments (STCW Section A-VI/1 & table A-VI/1-1).
The course is an organized combination of theory and practical application.
This course forms part of the compulsory basic safety training for staff. It deals with the activities to be taken by individuals to shield themselves in emergency situations and includes hands-on training in the use of life jackets and inflatable life rafts
The course is classroom based and covers these main areas:
- Safety and Survival.
- Emergency Situations
- Survival Crafts and Rescue Boats
- Personal Life Saving Appliances
- Survival at Sea
- Emergency Radio Equipment
- Helicopter Operations
- Apply first aid to survivors
- Duration 0.5 days
- Reference STCW 2010 Training Circular No.6 of 2011 dated on 27.12.2011